Thai Butternut Soup Recipe
Delicious served with home-made garlic bread
- 1 medium (about 1.2kg) Butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp coconut or other oil
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- Thumbnail size of ginger
- 1 or 2 fresh or dried chillies
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 400ml can of organic coconut cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- Cut butternut into even sized pieces and onion in half – roast in oil until golden on 200C.
- Heat coconut oil or oil in a pot and add chopped garlic, ginger and chillies – gently fry.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Add ground cumin, coriander and fennel and extra cayenne chilli to your liking.
- Add roasted butternut and onion to the pot with a can of organic coconut cream and heat gently and then blitz with a hand stick blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and a swirl of fresh cream.